Back in 1861 the two young brothers Gavin and Alexander Lang took a somewhat risky step and started a business making and selling their own blended whiskies. They had been running a pub together with their dad in the centre of Glasgow for many years, which had become known for selling the highest quality of drams in the area.
The Lang brothers' company thrived, which led them to buy Burnfoot Distillery (known nowadays as the Glengoyne Distillery) in 1869. With an increased access to their own distilled single malt, the brothers were able to perfect the range of whiskies, basing them on the tastes and palates of the spirited folk that filled the Scottish city’s taverns; their blends prospered.
Over the next century or so saw the increasing following of these blends, leading to the purchase of Langs in 2003 by family owned Ian Macleod Distillers.
Today we never forget our roots. The Lang brothers’ legacy of producing pure and tasty blended whisky lives on in every bottle.